Reshape 2017 – People and Spaces
21.-22.9.2017. Helsinki Congress Paasitorni
Reshape 2017 is an international library conference organized by Helsinki City Library. This year the main themes revolve around people and spaces. Library spaces are discussed from several different perspectives and the relationship between libraries and people is reflected from staff’s and different customer groups’ point of view as well as through the larger concept of compassionate public spaces.
Few tasters from our programme:
- Keynote speaker, Professor Anne Birgitta Pessi discusses compassion in libraries and public spaces
- Deputy Director Sanne Caft from Copenhagen Libraries presents their new service reorganization and staff model
- Architect Aat Vos from the Netherlands discusses library spaces and their adaptability
- Cristina Andersson discusses robotics and the changes in library work that robots will bring along
- Project manager Nizar Keblawi presents Malmö City Library’s multicultural activities
- City Librarian Marian Morgan-Bindon from the City of Gold Coast presents the latest developments in the Australian library scene
- Also, there will be presentations on recently opened and renovated libraries around Europe. We will for example hear experiences on what kind of different plans libraries had before opening the doors and how these plans met reality and how they needed to be altered after the everyday library life kicked off.
Here you can find our full programme (pdf, link updated 20.9.).
The participation fee is 200 €, which includes the programme, lunches onsite and a conference dinner on Thursday evening of the 21st of September. Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the participation fee. The venue is at Helsinki Congress Paasitorni, Paasivuorenkatu 5 A, 00530, Helsinki.
If you have any questions or you would like to get more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Kristina Virtanen: email@example.com, 040 187 2616
Antti Sauli: firstname.lastname@example.org, 040 658 6984